A Test Page – How to Apply
How To Apply and What To Expect During Application Process
Classes for the Maryland Freestate Challe*NG*e Academy start in January and July of every year. If you
- Parents/ guardians must register their teenager for an information session unless the teenager is 18 years of age.
- Please visit the homepage and click on the “Information Session Registration“. (you can check eligibility clicking here “Eligibility Page“)
- Select the date you wish to attend with your child
- Follow the instructions on the “Information Session Registration Form“; and click submit.
- The teenager and parents/guardians MUST attend the information session together unless the teenager is 18 years of age.
- Parents/ guardians and the teenager must arrive on time.
- Once the parents/ guardians enter the session, please type your child’s first name, last name, and the sex of the child in the chat section.
- All teenagers will be checked- in before the session begins.
- If the teenager child does not respond during check-ins, he or she will not receive recognition for attending the session.
- Latecomers will need to register for the next available nformation session date.
- No shows need to register for the next available information session date.
- An application to the academy will be provided during the session.
- Freestate Challe*NG*e will not accept applications from any participant that did not check in prior to the session beginning.
- After attending the full session, you and your child will submit the application online.
- Freestate ChalleNGe will schedule interviews for you and your teenager within 14-21 calendar days (if not before) after the application is received.
- Application will be reviewed by a selection committee.
- A Freestate ChalleNGe staff member will contact the parents/guardians with the status of the application within 21 business days (if not before)
- Should the applicant receive a Pre-Accepted Letter, the parent/guardian will be notified of a pre-in-processing date.
- Parents/ guardians and applicants should report to the pre-in-processing date.
- Submit all program requested documents (i.e. Notarized Admissions forms, Mentor Applications, Medical Forms, MD. Picture ID. etc.) on their scheduled “pre-in-processing” date(s).
- Failure to submit the requested documents could result in the application being delayed or denied.
- Final Acceptance Letter arrives within 21 business days (if not before) after ALL documents have been submitted.
- Status will change from “Applicant” to “Candidate”.
***Do not withdraw the candidate from school without a final acceptance letter from the Maryland Freestate ChalleNGe Academy***