How To Apply
The Application Process at Freestate ChalleNGe Academy
Classes for Freestate ChalleNGe Academy start in January and July of every year. If you wish to apply, please make sure you are eligible for FCA by viewing our “Eligibility Page”.
Once you have cleared the basics of eligibility, here is the process in order to apply to Freestate ChalleNGe Academy:
- You must register to attend one of the Freestate Orientations listed on this website. Please visit the homepage and click on the “Orientation Registration” and “Offsite Orientations” links. Select the orientation you wish to attend, and print the applicable registration form for your selected orientation. Follow the instructions on the “Orientation Registration Form”; then, fax or email the form to the Freestate Recruiters listed below.
- Download and print the Freestate “Applicant’s Application” by clicking here or on the link on the right side of the home page. Complete the application and bring it with you to your scheduled orientation. Do not fax, email, or mail the application!
- The Applicant and parents/guardians must attend the Orientation and Interview session together. You must be scheduled to attend the orientation briefing and arrive on time. Additional forms for completion will be dispersed to you during the orientation and interview session.
- After attending the orientation/interview session your application and other documents will be forwarded to the Freestate selection committee for review. A Freestate staff person will contact you in reference to your application status within 7-10 business days.
- All applicants that are accepted into the Freestate ChalleNGe program must submit all requested documents (i.e. Notarized Admissions forms, Mentor Applications, Medical Forms, MD. Picture ID. etc.) on their scheduled “Pre-in-processing” date. All applicants will be notified of their Pre-in-processing date once they are accepted into the Freestate ChalleNGe Academy. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application being delayed or denied!
- Please contact one of the Recruiters listed below if you have any questions about the admissions process.
***Do not withdraw your child from school until they are officially accepted into the Freestate program***
|Jonathon Brown||Stacy Kirksey|
|Recruiting and Admissions||Recruiting and Admissions|
|Freestate ChalleNGe Academy||Freestate ChalleNGe Academy|
|Bldg. E4229, 8775 Glory St. APG. EA||Bldg. E4229, 8775 Glory St. APG. EA|
|Gunpowder, MD. 21010||Gunpowder, MD. 21010|
|Cell: (443) 253-2283||Cell: (443) 691-6799|