How To Apply
The Application Process at Freestate ChalleNGe Academy
Classes for Freestate ChalleNGe Academy start in January and July of every year. If you wish to apply, please make sure you are eligible for FCA by viewing our “Eligibility Page”.
Once you have cleared the basics of eligibility, here is the process in order to apply to Freestate ChalleNGe Academy:
- You must register to attend one of the Freestate Orientations listed on this website. Please visit the homepage and click on the “Information Session Registration”. Select the information session date you wish to attend with your child. Follow the instructions on the “Information Session Registration Form”; and click submit
- The Applicant and parents/guardians MUST attend the information session together if the child is under the age of 18 years old. You must be scheduled to attend the information session. You must arrive on time. Everyone will be checked into the session before it begins. The application will be provided to you during the information session. We will not accept applications for anyone that did not check in prior to the information session. Latecomers will need to re-register for the next available date on this website.
- After attending the session, you will have an opportunity to submit the application online. Once the application is received, Freestate will schedule interviews within 14-21 calendar days (if not before). The application will be reviewed by selection committee. A Freestate staff person will contact you in reference to your application status within 21 business days (if not before).
- All applicants that are accepted into the Freestate ChalleNGe program MUST submit all program requested documents (i.e. Notarized Admissions forms, Mentor Applications, Medical Forms, MD. Picture ID. etc.) on their scheduled “Pre-in-processing” date. All applicants will be notified of their Pre-in-processing date once they are “pre”-accepted into the Freestate ChalleNGe Academy. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application being delayed or denied! Once all documents have been collected, we will contact you in reference to your “Final Acceptance” status within 21 business days (if not before).
- Please contact one of the Recruiters listed below if you have any questions about the admissions process.
***Do not withdraw your child from school until they are officially accepted into the Freestate program***
|Jonathon Brown||Stacy Kirksey|
|Recruiting and Admissions||Recruiting and Admissions|
|Freestate ChalleNGe Academy||Freestate ChalleNGe Academy|
|Bldg. E4229, 8775 Glory St. APG. EA||Bldg. E4229, 8775 Glory St. APG. EA|
|Gunpowder, MD. 21010||Gunpowder, MD. 21010|
|Cell: (443) 253-2283||Cell: (443) 691-6799|